Wednesday, February 15, 2017

How Many of These Movie Quotes Can You Identify?




We really don't have any idea how many movies we've stuffed away in our already over-crowded brains. It would probably astound you the number of hours you've spent in front of a screen watching films.  Don't believe me?  How many of these movies can you identify just from a quick quote from the movie. Caution: this quiz will be graded. You'll need paper and pencil or a blank word processor document to record your answers. This is not multiple choice (I am an English teacher).
  1.  Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
  2.  Go ahead. Make my day. 
  3.  My Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'
  4. Where we're going we don't need roads...
  5.  “But without my voice, how can I…”
    “You’ll have your looks, your pretty face… and don’t underestimate the importance of body language.”
  6.  “I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."
  7.  Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, “I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead.” Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead.
  8.  “Uh-uh! Don’t you think about running off doing no daring-do. We’ve been planning this dinner for two months!”
    “The public is in danger!”
    “My evening’s in danger!”
    “You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good!”
    “‘Greater good’? I am your wife! I’m the greatest good you are ever gonna get!”
  9.  "Aw, you're an action figure! You are a child's plaything!"
    "You are a sad little man and you have my pity."
  10. "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
  11.  Attaboy, Clarence.!
  12.  It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage.
  13.  I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
  14. "We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!”
  15.  "I'll have what she's having."
  16.  "Are you crying? There's no crying! There's no crying in baseball!"
  17.   I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.
  18.   Here's looking at you, kid.
  19.  After all, tomorrow is another day!
  20.  Houston, we have a problem.
  21.   Hasta la vista, baby.
  22. "So, no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave." 
  23.  I feel the need - the need for speed!
  24.   Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.
  25.  "Surely you can't be serious." - "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Groundhog Day - Bill Murray

Did you get them all? Check your answers below and give yourself four points for every one you got correct. 


1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
2. Sudden Impact
3. Forrest Gump
4. Back to the Future
5. Little Mermaid
6. Finding Nemo

7. Up!
8. The Incredibles
9. Toy Story
10. The Wizard of Oz
11. It's a Wonderful Life

12. Raiders of the Lost Ark
13. Star Wars

14. Treasure of the Sierra Madres
15. When Harry Met Sally
16.  A League of Their Own
17. The Godfather
18. Casablanca
19. Gone With the Wind
20. Apollo XIII

21. Terminator 2
22. Serenity
23. Top Gun
24. Dead Poet's Society
25. Airplane

Score:  Multiply the number you got right by 4


0-59:    F (You are a person who has an actual life)
60-60:  D (You read books)

70-79:  C (You watch a lot of sports)
80-89:  B (You probably have kids and have some of the Disney flicks memorized)
90-100: A (You really need to get out in the fresh air and get some sun)

* I'm not saying how many of those I would have gotten. I'm supposed to have a degree in English and we English majors find movies beneath us. We're supposed to sit by fires, smoke pipes and read 3000 year-old heroic poetry for fun.

© 2017 by Tom King


No comments:

Post a Comment