...now that I'm stuck here in Washington State.
For some reason, God with his infinite sense of humor has placed me far from home under gray, cold and dripping skies. I miss the big old sprawling, boisterous and beautiful state of Texas where I was born and spent most of my life. Here are some of the things I miss about home.
- Texas sunsets and fields of bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes
- Canoeing Texas Rivers
- Sailing Texas lakes (we have actual wind there)
- Blue Northers (being that suddenly cold makes you know you are alive)
- The Alamo (Texas's #1 sacred place)
- Chuy's Mexican Restaurant (Austin, Dallas and Tyler)
- Buffalo Creek Barbecue (Cleburne)
- Dinosaur Valley State park (Glen Rose)
- The San Jacinto Monument, Battlefield and the Battleship Texas (Texas's #2 sacred place)
- Watching Tornadoes go past and miss me altogether (you know your angel is there beside you at times like these)
© 2016 by Tom King